What's on the Paw

The Room For After School

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Room For After School

A group of 7th and 8th graders are about to play the new Fifa 18.  They played FIFA 18 for hours and beat the game.

A group of 7th and 8th graders are about to play the new Fifa 18. They played FIFA 18 for hours and beat the game.

Fabrizio B., Staff Writer

Currently at Stone Middle School, Mr. Anderson is the coordinator for special events and clubs after school. Mr. Anderson coordinates the after school program and a lot of kids go to play games and hang out with their friends after school.

Mr. Anderson has been working here for 9 years.  He helps out kids do what they love to do by organizing the dance team, the futsal club, and The Stone Hype Squad. The Hype Squad is a group of students that cheer on our sports players during the game and get the builds up the crowds emotion to the game. Mr. Anderson said he “I wanted to run the after school program because middle school students are not too young or too old.”

Many students like to hangout in the after school room Luis B, 8th grade, said,  “I stay after to play soccer with friends.” Luis B, also plays on the futsal team (indoor soccer) with friend. Angel G, 8th grade, said, “You can also play video games and can chill with some friends.” In the after school room you can play different types of game you can also meet new people.

In the after school room at Stone many kids go outside to play sports or chat with each other. What do you think are benefits of playing outside?  The good things about playing outside is that you get to talk to more people. According to CNN kids behave better during school when they go outside because they aren’t bored in class all day.  Kid also are more nice to each other because they play and interact more and when they do that they get to know each other and find more interest with each other.

The after school room has won over 50 trophies from different activities. Mr. Anderson also has a room for everyone to hang out on couches and chairs. Mr. Anderson has started The Thundercats this year and they are the supporters of stones games. In the afterschool room they hand out bags of chips and cups of Kool-Aid.

• The Room For After School

School News

Students March For Safety

• The Room For After School

School News

Schools are Taking a Stand Against School Shootings

• The Room For After School

School News

Who was Ormond Stone?

• The Room For After School

School News

The Stone Gobbler Gallup!

• The Room For After School

School News

Hurling Hurricanes! Please Help!

• The Room For After School

People

A Day in the Life of a Warriner Exchange Student

• The Room For After School

School News

Author John Gilstrap Comes to Stone for a Visit!

• The Room For After School

School News

Seventh Grade Students Learn About the Watershed

• The Room For After School

School News

Stone Students Rage Over the No Electronics in the Cafeteria

• The Room For After School

School News

FCPS Starting Before Labor Day!

Paw on the News
The Room For After School