What's on the Paw

Why do we have Zodiac Signs?

Fire signs are usually described as intelligent and creative.

Paige H., Staff Writer

The Babylonians created Zodiac Signs during the fourth century in ancient Egypt. They created these signs because of the sun’s position reflecting on the planets and constellations.

The Babylonians are the reason why some people are obsessed with their zodiac sign. According to the American Federation Of Astrology, the word “zodiac” is derived from the Greek word meaning “circle of animals.” The Babylonians claimed that the 12 constellations relate to the progression of the seasons. They then assigned them different names relating to animals or people. For example, during the “rainy season” (spring) the stars would align in a certain constellation. So then, that constellation was named Aquarius meaning “water bearer.”

The current zodiac sign is the Sagittarius. The dates range from November 22 to December 21. Sagittarius’ ruling planet is Jupiter, Jupiter is the largest planet. Some things that Sagittarius’ like are freedom, traveling, philosophy, and being outdoors. Sagittarius’ typically don’t like clingy people or being constrained. Sagittarius is a fire sign, which means they always need to be in touch with the world for more experiences. Payton Mayo, 8th grade says, “This is accurate for me because I enjoy being outdoors.”

There are four different categories in the Zodiac. Each category contains three different signs. Water signs include Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces. Water signs are always there to support loved ones and they are highly intuitive. Fire signs include Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius. The fire signs are physically strong and a source of inspiration. Fire signs are intelligent, self aware, creative, and always ready for action. Earth signs include Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn. Earth signs are very conservative, realistic, loyal, and trustworthy. If you had a problem, an earth sign would always be there for you. Air signs include Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius. The air signs are very social and they love communication/relationships with other people.

The most common sign is a Scorpio. A Scorpio is a water sign. 9.6% of the population are Scorpios which is a lot considering there are 12 different signs. The Scorpio’s ruling planet is Pluto. Pluto is currently not considered a planet, but it was a planet when zodiac signs were created. Pluto is the Scorpio’s ruling planet because Scorpio’s have been known to be very mysterious and interesting.

• Uncategorized

• Why do we have Zodiac Signs?

Uncategorized

Books Turned into Movies

• Why do we have Zodiac Signs?

School News

Students March For Safety

• Why do we have Zodiac Signs?

Uncategorized

The Evolution of Snapchat

• Why do we have Zodiac Signs?

Uncategorized

Christmas is Done Differently Around the World

• Why do we have Zodiac Signs?

Uncategorized

Don’t forget to get your yearbook!

• Why do we have Zodiac Signs?

People

A Day in the Life of a Warriner Exchange Student

• Uncategorized

Secrecy

• Uncategorized

First Kiss

• Uncategorized

They Bloom Again

Paw on the News
Why do we have Zodiac Signs?