The Stone Tablet

Doodle or Don’t.

Many students doodle during class when they are having trouble focusing in class.  Some students can still listen while doodling.

Many students doodle during class when they are having trouble focusing in class. Some students can still listen while doodling.

Samia C., Staff Writer

Here at Stone many students use doodling in class as a way to help them focus and brainstorm ideas .  They also use doodling to help them relax and take their mind off the hard work, however  does this affect their grade in a bad or good way?

Nova Education-Engaging Science conducted an experiment  to see  which group of people would pay more attention on a phone call; the group that doodled or the group that just listened. The Experiment showed that the group that doodled remembered 29% more information than the group that did not .  This experiment also showed that doodling helps to help kids focus in educational setting.

Many people here at Stone use a form of doodling consisting of sketching when they are bored or struggling to focus . This allows them to take a break from classwork being  overwhelmed in their different classes throughout the day. Johnnie S., a 7th grader, said “doodling is a way to calm me down and help me focus when I get anxious.”Mrs. Scheetz our Stone art teacher said, “doodling is calming and relaxing and it gives you something to do with your hands when you are in class.”

Doodling can also be unfortunate. For instance, if you are doodling you can become more focused on doodling then doing your work. Some teachers are very strict and may consider doodling as you not focusing on your work. Depending on the teacher, you could receive negative reactions including warning, in school suspension, or detention.

There are a lot of productive things that come with doodling.This is just one of reasons why people doodle  especially here at Stone .Reagan B.,7th grade, said, “If you can focus and doodle at the same time then doodling can be good for you . It really helps me focus on my work.” This is just one of the ways we use doodling here at Stone.

• Doodle or Don’t.

Feature Articles

The History of Horror Movies

• Doodle or Don’t.

Feature Articles

Who was Ormond Stone?

• Doodle or Don’t.

Feature Articles

Why do we have Zodiac Signs?

• Doodle or Don’t.

Feature Articles

The Emotional Inspiration of the Story “Wonder” will bring you to Tears

• Doodle or Don’t.

Feature Articles

Christmas is Done Differently Around the World

• Doodle or Don’t.

Feature Articles

“It.” What Makes it so Scary?

• Doodle or Don’t.

Feature Articles

How does Music Effect the Brain?

• Doodle or Don’t.

Feature Articles

What Really Happened to Amelia Earhart?

• Doodle or Don’t.

Feature Articles

Ready for the Rocks?

• Doodle or Don’t.

Feature Articles

Hooked on Rap Music

Panther News Set in Stone
Doodle or Don’t.