What's on the Paw

Doodle or Don’t.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Doodle or Don’t.

Many students doodle during class when they are having trouble focusing in class.  Some students can still listen while doodling.

Many students doodle during class when they are having trouble focusing in class. Some students can still listen while doodling.

Samia C., Staff Writer

Here at Stone many students use doodling in class as a way to help them focus and brainstorm ideas .  They also use doodling to help them relax and take their mind off the hard work, however  does this affect their grade in a bad or good way?

Nova Education-Engaging Science conducted an experiment  to see  which group of people would pay more attention on a phone call; the group that doodled or the group that just listened. The Experiment showed that the group that doodled remembered 29% more information than the group that did not .  This experiment also showed that doodling helps to help kids focus in educational setting.

Many people here at Stone use a form of doodling consisting of sketching when they are bored or struggling to focus . This allows them to take a break from classwork being  overwhelmed in their different classes throughout the day. Johnnie S., a 7th grader, said “doodling is a way to calm me down and help me focus when I get anxious.”Mrs. Scheetz our Stone art teacher said, “doodling is calming and relaxing and it gives you something to do with your hands when you are in class.”

Doodling can also be unfortunate. For instance, if you are doodling you can become more focused on doodling then doing your work. Some teachers are very strict and may consider doodling as you not focusing on your work. Depending on the teacher, you could receive negative reactions including warning, in school suspension, or detention.

There are a lot of productive things that come with doodling.This is just one of reasons why people doodle  especially here at Stone .Reagan B.,7th grade, said, “If you can focus and doodle at the same time then doodling can be good for you . It really helps me focus on my work.” This is just one of the ways we use doodling here at Stone.

• Doodle or Don’t.

What's on the Paw

The NBA Playoffs

• Doodle or Don’t.

What's on the Paw

The Mythical Minds of Rhett and Link

• Doodle or Don’t.

What's on the Paw

Lights, Camera, Action!

• Doodle or Don’t.

What's on the Paw

Homework: Friend or Foe?

• Doodle or Don’t.

What's on the Paw

The Life and Times of Cardi B.

• Doodle or Don’t.

What's on the Paw

The Simpsons Predict the Future

• Doodle or Don’t.

Uncategorized

Books Turned into Movies

• Doodle or Don’t.

What's on the Paw

The Evolution of IPhones has Changed Peoples Lives.

• Doodle or Don’t.

Sports

Clash For The Cup!

• Doodle or Don’t.

What's on the Paw

The Westfield Theater

Paw on the News
Doodle or Don’t.