The Stone Tablet

What are the Biggest Shoe Brands?

Luke S., 8th grade, is wearing Nike’s in school, 2017, colorized. He made sure to make sure they were clean before he came to school.

Blake R., Staff Writer

All shoe brands want to be thought of  the most popular. Shoe brands do lots of things to try to accomplish this title. Some of the most popular shoe brands at our school  are Nike (owns Jordan brand) and Adidas.   Many have seen all of these at Stone Middle School. Until very recently, Nike had barely any competition because they are a household name that many people know, also, you cannot walk through school without seeing somebody wearing a pair. Now, according to The Sole Brothers on YouTube, Adidas has boomed up in shoe sales and their relevance, making it a close competitor.

One reason Nike is popular is due to their big sponsors with many athletes such as NBA power forward Lebron James, soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo, and NBA basketball legend Michael Jordan. Adidas biggest sponsored athletes are the rapper Kanye West, NBA point guard James Harden, and singer Pharrell Williams. Adidas has grown because of their recent sponsor with Kanye West and his signature shoe called the “Yeezy” which has cause a lot of hype, meaning popularity. At Adidas stores, you might need to win a lottery to get a pair of Yeezys, or you could buy the shoe for around $850, depending on the colorway. This shoe has made people anticipated for every restock that gets sold out within seconds on the Adidas website. Nike’s most hyped up shoes are any shoe where they have a collaboration with the brand “Off-White,” retailing at around $250.  ,People have reselling them for around $600 because of their hype.

8th grade student Will K. said that “I like Nike because I see lots of people wearing them and they have a good design.”A majority of the people at Stone preferred Nike (including Jordan Brand by Nike), but Adidas still had people saying their favorite shoes were Yeezys because of the hype.

When the brands Adidas and Nike were first made, Nike was making shoes for running and Adidas was trying to have good performing soccer cleats. Obviously, things have changed for both of the brands. Nike now makes lots of types of shoe such as shoes for running, basketball, casual, soccer, and football. Adidas saw how Nike was evolving and growing, so they did the same.

Over the last few years, people noticed that Nike tends to be more overpriced compared to other apparel brands. They don’t need to overprice things like how they do now. Adidas (depending on what specifically) is usually cheaper than Nike for their shoes.

• What are the Biggest Shoe Brands?

Listicles

11 Science Experiments that will Blow your Mind!

• What are the Biggest Shoe Brands?

Listicles

Top 10 Most Popular Dog Breeds

• What are the Biggest Shoe Brands?

Listicles

Top Books Checked Out in the Stone Middle School Library!

• What are the Biggest Shoe Brands?

Listicles

Top 7 Songs of January

• What are the Biggest Shoe Brands?

Listicles

Facts about Kwanzaa … REVEALED!!!

• What are the Biggest Shoe Brands?

Listicles

Some of the 7 Longest Words in the English Dictionary

• What are the Biggest Shoe Brands?

Listicles

7 Things to do on a Rainy Day

• What are the Biggest Shoe Brands?

Listicles

Top 8 Reasons to Get a Dog

• What are the Biggest Shoe Brands?

Listicles

Most Dangerous Beaches

• What are the Biggest Shoe Brands?

Listicles

”An Oldie but a Bookie”

Panther News Set in Stone
What are the Biggest Shoe Brands?