Panther News Set in Stone

The Stone Tablet

Computers…Here’s Why We Need Them!

In this picture 3, 7th grade, girls are working on a project in their writing class on May 18th. All three of their projects were a hit!

Ashley M., Staff Writer

Thomas Edison once said, “Books will soon be obsolete in the public schools…our school system will be completely changed inside of ten years.” It has been 86 years since he died and very little has changed in schools other than the use of technology. In our school systems today we try to use computers as much as possible.

When people use computers, they seem to be more active and alert. At any rate, when students are using computers they are more intrigued to learn. For instance, if students can’t have hands-on learning, computers are the next best thing. People like using their hands when working and computers lets you do that. When working on computers, people tend to work faster according to the U.S. Department of Education.

For years, students have been going to school each school year the way we learn improves. Whether it is in math, history, science, or English, the learning seems to change even in the slightest way. “Like we may add projects or add in a new test or quiz. I think it is important to use computers to get our homework done. I think this because when I use the computer I am more compelled to do something,”  said Tina D, 7th grade.  Mrs. Moon-Rush also mentioned ”My favorite thing to do on computers in class is do researcher and use google classroom.” These are only some of the reasons we need more computers in school.

We are doing the best we can to earn money for the computers. We accept donations and they are highly appreciated. We also look to our amazing PTA for fundraisers and money raising events. Even if it is a pain to pay, we know that it is going to a good cause.

Did you know that only 4.0% of schools have one computer per person? That is not a big number and it’s crazy because 98% of schools have one or more computers in the classroom. Out of the 98% of schools, only 77% of teachers use the computers for instruction. Imagine if we were one of the schools with one on one computers, we wouldn’t need to photocopy, work in pairs because there aren’t enough computers, and we would get work done a lot faster.

• Computers…Here’s Why We Need Them!

School News

The Room For After School

• Computers…Here’s Why We Need Them!

School News

The Stone Gobbler Gallup!

• Computers…Here’s Why We Need Them!

School News

Hurling Hurricanes! Please Help!

• Computers…Here’s Why We Need Them!

Feature Articles

Seventh Grade Students Learn About the Watershed

• Computers…Here’s Why We Need Them!

School News

Stone Students Rage Over the No Electronics in the Cafeteria

• Computers…Here’s Why We Need Them!

Sports

Stone’s Volleyball Team

• Computers…Here’s Why We Need Them!

Student Life

Fidget Spinners: Beneficial or Distraction?

• Computers…Here’s Why We Need Them!

Student Life

Wellness Week at Stone!

• Computers…Here’s Why We Need Them!

Student Life

Creative Writing: What You Can Do With It and How It Helps

• Computers…Here’s Why We Need Them!

School News

Tardy Sweep! Run For Your Life!

Panther News Set in Stone
Computers…Here’s Why We Need Them!