Panther News Set in Stone

The Stone Tablet

Students Reveal Love For Ms. Stanziani

Ms.Stanziani teaching her students at rehearsal for Guys and Dolls Jr. She was teaching the dance for “Luck be a Lady.”

Reyna T., Staff Writer

Theater is an important part of some student’s lives here at Stone. Reducing that is like taking away part of their oxygen and Ms.Stanziani definitely understands this concept. Staff and students are upset that she is being destaffed next year. The students specifically are trying to show as much support as they can towards Ms.Stanziani.

Students are doing many things to try and keep Ms. Stanziani here full time. They are showing a lot of love for Ms. Stanziani and the theater program. They have started different hashtags to show their support like, #pray4stanziani, #savestanziani, etc. At this point people are making posters and Instagram posts with these hashtags, and they are also planning to go to the administration to see if they can change their mind about destaffing Ms. Stanziani. Some students even wrote songs and essays to show their love for Ms. Stanziani and the theater program. The administration wishes that they did not have to destaff her, but they have no control over the situation.

The destaffing affects more people than just Ms. Stanziani. Students and staff are all going to miss her and don’t think it’s fair. Jason T. (7th) one of Ms. Stanziani’s students declared. “I think it’s stupid and she doesn’t deserve this. I love her as a teacher, lots of people like theater!” Her students do not want to see their favorite teacher get destaffed. Getting destaffed isn’t easy and it hurts emotionally not just financially. When asked how she feels about the situation Ms. Stanziani said  “I look forward to seeing my students next year. I enjoy the enthusiasm from my students. They’re incredibly creative and awesome. I’ve grown to love Stone, it’s like a second home to me.” When you’re involved in theater, it’s like you have another family.

Being a theater teacher at one school is already a lot to do, Now imagine having to be a theater teacher for two schools. According to study.com, in order to become a theater teacher, you need to first get your Bachelor’s degree, teaching certificate, and a Master’s degree. After reaching the requirements for becoming a theater teacher, one of the many things you need to do is produce the school production. The time and effort that goes into producing a school production is stressful and tiring. For example, to produce a school musical you need to run auditions, find the music, get parent volunteers, etc. It would definitely be difficult for Ms. Stanziani to produce a school production for two schools.

“Lowering the number of staff in a climate due to decrease of population. For example, when I started teaching [2001] there were about 1,400 students and now there are only about 800 students.” This is how Ms. Stanziani describes what the word destaff means. In Stafford County Public Schools when someone is getting destaffed, the principal at that school informs them of the situation. Afterward, they are sent an email from Human Resources telling them about available jobs in their specific subject area.

• Students Reveal Love For Ms. Stanziani

Feature Articles

Stone Middle Takes First at Shamrock Dance Competition

People

#NidzKids

People

Random Acts of Kindness Week

• Creative Writing

Secrecy

• Creative Writing

First Kiss

• Creative Writing

They Bloom Again

• Creative Writing

Rescued

• Creative Writing

What a Strange Day

• Creative Writing

Scary Memory

• Creative Writing

It Was Him

Panther News Set in Stone
Students Reveal Love For Ms. Stanziani